- 1 cup dry white wine
- 7 cups chicken or turkey broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 pinches saffron or 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a simmer. Keep warm over low heat.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Add oil and rice cook for two minutes, stirring to coat each grain. When rice beings to make a cracking sound, add saffron threads or turmeric. Add white wine and cook, stirring, until the rice has absorbed the liquid. Add the broth, 1 cup at a time. Continue to stir, allowing the rice to absorb each addition of broth before adding more. Test the rice for doneness, it should be al dente but creamy. Remove risotto from heat, add grated cheese, salt, and pepper. Serve with Osso Bucco.