Farm Crew Position
Hours: 4 days per week plus project work depending upon skills and aptitude. Base shifts are Wed-Sat or Sun-Wed.
Pay: $15-17 per hour depending upon experience and skills.
- Ability to pay attention and follow instruction.
- Must be capable to lift 50 lbs., such as a feed sack.
- Requires a valid Virginia drivers license and a record that passes insurance company review.
- Be willing to work outdoors regardless of weather.
- Be willing to work some weekends and holidays.
Livestock position with retail store coverage duties.
Virginia Bison Co. operates using sustainable, ecological, humane, natural farming practices. We direct market the meats that we produce in our retail store, online shopping cart and local buying clubs.
No specific experience is required, but you must have the capacity to learn to operate a tractor, drive both a box truck and pick-up truck and learn to tow a trailer.
- Assist farm manager.
- Support all labor projects on the farm.
- Facilities Cleaning
- General Field Work
- General Livestock Care – bison and small scale livestock.
- Tractor handling / Round bale feeding.
- Drive: Farm truck for local pick-ups and deliveries.
- Drive: Refrigerated truck and other vehicles as required.
- Market support. Periodic retail store sales. Moving of meats around freezers and some restocking and retail sales work.
- Work one farmer’s market every 4-5 weeks on a Saturday.
- Processing room meat work assistance.
- Good Communication Skills
- Attention to detail
Must be 18 years or older and have a valid VA, MD or DC driver’s license with a record that is acceptable to our insurance company.
Note that the farm is located in Culpeper County and you must live within close enough proximity in order to be able to get to work in inclement weather, be available for the periodic emergency situation and maintain a sustainable situation for both employer and employee. Anything that is more than 30 minutes away is too far.
Email questions and your responses only. Please do not use the telephone to express your interest or ask questions.
Submit an Application