Creamy Buffalo Stroganoff with Buttered Noodles
- 2 pounds London Broil or Sirloin Steak, sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped, plus 2 cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed
- 1 large sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed
- 1 1/2 pounds cremini mushrooms
- 1 1/2 pounds white button mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 pound egg noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped green onions
- Place the chopped garlic, salt and pepper into a bowl. Add enough extra-virgin olive oil to create a paste. Add the rosemary and thyme leaves to the bowl and stir to combine.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Brown buffalo in batches. Remove and keep warm.
- Heat a large saute pan over high heat and add a 3-count of olive oil. Add mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes until brown. Add shallots and minced garlic and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 2 minutes until garlic and onion become fragrant. Remove pan from heat and carefully add wine to deglaze the pan. Return to heat and add cream. Reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half. Turn off heat and stir in Dijon mustard and sour cream. Season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook egg noodles in salted boiling water according to directions on package. Drain and toss with butter while still hot.
- To serve: Pile the noodles high on a plate, top with stroganoff sauce and finish with meat slices. Garnish with fresh parsley and green onions.